Bombardments of the Donetsk People’s Republic on November 5 were caused by intention of the Ukrainian military command to avert suspicion in negligence while storing munitions, Deputy Commander of the DPR Eduard Basurin has announced at a briefing today, EADaily’s correspondent reports.
He reminded that Ukraine confirmed reports on fire at munition depots near the village of Opytnoye in Yasinovatsky district on November 5 that were previously refuted by the Ukrainian authorities.
“It needs to be noted that the Ukrainian commandment tried to conceal the fact in order to avert suspicions in negligence while storing munitions that resulted in the incident. Meanwhile, in order to escape responsibility for the mistakes and persuade the Ukrainian authorities that the depots were lost due to the military actions, the Ukrainian raiders instigated exacerbation of the situation by firing at residential areas in Donetsk and nearby villages,” Basurin said. He noted that more than ten residential houses were destroyed, one child was killed, four peaceful citizens, two of them children, were injured.
He added that the situation in the frontline is still tense. Overall, 35 violations of the ceasefire were fixed within 24 hours from the Ukrainian side, Basurin continued.
As EADaily reported earlier, in the night of Nov 6 Donetsk and its outskirts were fired at by the Ukrainian army that used heavy artillery, including Grad multiple rocket launcher.

The fourth series of explosions thundered in Kiev in a day
The death toll at the college in the LPR has increased, the analysis of the rubble has been completed
Zelensky said that Kiev gave Russia permission for the parade, and not for the "Hazel Tree"
People: President Trump's son secretly married model Bettina Anderson
In Nikolaev, a meeting was held at the SBU office with the participation of NATO advisers
Dzhankoy railway station in Crimea is closed for boarding and disembarking passengers